With a lot of blood, sweat and tears we’ve finally finished v1 of our S9 Heater Guide. Let’s show the skeptics that we, the Bitcoin community, can re-purpose old gen machines into space heaters, load shift/balance the grid, lower our carbon footprint and earn sats all at the same time!
We will keep trying to lower the cost of the build by finding more efficient ways to improve and keep updating the guide.
In upcoming versions or completely new guides, we will be diving deeper into automations. Some examples:
- Mining based on ambient temperature.
- Cut/release power versus pause/resume mining.
- Mining based on real time break-even price per TH.
- Mining based on above or below daily/monthly/yearly average dynamic electricity rates.
- Mining based on PV production by automatically changing the Power Limit of the miner.
- Shutting down a PV inverter during negative electricity rates.
- Mining based on the load of a self-build battery pack containing LifePo4 3,2v batteries and a BMS.
- Migrate this guide to newer gen machines.
- Heating a buffer tank with hygienic coil and a heat exchanger (or swimming pool) using Hydro and/or Immersion cooled miners.
If you have any other suggestions, requests, advice or whatsoever, we would love to hear it!
Follow @Bas_Elbers on X or use any other contact methods for more updates:
This is the way!